• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My HTC One V Version - BTW Hello Everyone!!!

Hello Everyone,

I am a new user and I look forward to becoming part of the community. I just bought myself an HTC One V with Cricket. I am interested in possibly doing a couple of simple mods to the device like upgrading to Jellybean, etc.

I have been google(ing) around the net about it for a while now and have been looking for a knowledgeable forum to join as well. This looks to be it!!! FYI, I looked through the stickys already and haven't found the answer to my question.

During my reading about the One V, I found out there are different versions of the device. The normal One V and the One V CDMA.

I know this is a noob question in all likelihood, but could someone fill me in on:

1) Which version my phone is or:

2) How to find out which version my phone is

Thanks!

***EDIT***

Also, I just bought a new SD card for the device and I would rather not use FAT32...what file formats do you guys like to use for a larger SD card in your One V? (I found out NTFS is not supportable so I'm not sure if XFAT or EXT4 is compatible...)

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but here goes.

I used this forum previously for the LG Optimus V and there was lot's of users and a ton of posts about how to do this and that. But this HTC One V forum has in my estimation about 15% of that activity. I'm not sure if everyone is going to some other forum or if there is hardly anyone that has this phone.

But as for me, I'm just a regular user and barely use the phone since I'm on a computer most of the time. I use only a few applications, so I would not be a high tech person for you. I can answer most general questions, but that's it.

Otherwise......Welcome.

Maybe I will learn something from you.

Cricket uses CDMA. If you do look into rooting, It's absolutely necessary to follow links and downloads for CDMA, not GSM version.

as for the formatting, if you format the micro sd in your phone, it will be fat 32. It seemed sensible to me to stick with the manufacturer settings and result. Paricularly with the storage capacity in the phone and a 32 gig sd card, I'm not going to worry over saving a little space in the format.

Back
Top Bottom