• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root My phone is bricked, right?

rtrombone

Lurker
I just want to confirm before I get a new one.

Last night my Victory froze up and eventually turned off. It's not the first time there have been issues. My phone would occasionally freeze up and reboot itself. Sometimes, upon rebooting, it would stay stuck on the Samsung logo, requiring me to reboot it again. Every once in a while when I rebooted none of my apps would be there (on these occasions it probably failed to read the microSD card for whatever reason). Again, rebooting generally fixed things.

This is different. I can't turn the phone on. No combination of buttons works. When I remove the battery and put it back in, it tries to turn on. It vibrates, I see the Samsung logo, black, the logo again, then black for good. When I remove the battery, put it back in and attempt to boot into recovery, I see the RECOVERY BOOTING . . . . in the corner, then a blank screen, then black for good. When I remove the battery, put it back in and attempt to boot into download mode, I see the Warning!! screen. I press volume up and it makes it as far as the Downloading... screen (Do not turn off target!!). Only for a second, though, before it goes black for good. If I instead press volume down it goes black immediately and vibrates once. Then nothing.

With your guys' help I did a lot of stuff to my phone. Rooted it, swapped using Link2SD, flashed the ND4 update, etc. It was a good run. Thanks again for everything!

Back
Top Bottom