• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Navigator icon gone

davidmanvell

Android Enthusiast
My girlfriend and I both have s3 phones on Verizon. She noticed that her Google navigator icon on her desktop of her phone is gone and we cannot figure out how to get it back. Any ideas? It doesn't appear to be listed in the widgets and we can't find it in her installed app listings. I looked on my phone which definitely still has Navigator and I can't find it on the widget or installed apps listings either. Both of us have Google Maps installed and working fine.

I believe that the navigator functionality is now integrated into the maps application. Perhaps one phone has one or more of the apps updated.

At one point in time, I noticed that the navigator (blue triangle) app was present on my home screen, but I could not locate it in the app drawer. I removed it from my home screen and that was the end of it. By that time, it was integrated into maps, so I wasn't worried. It would be nice to have a direct link to the navigator though.

It was about a month ago or better that Maps was updated and Navigation disappeared. It is still in Maps. The Navigation Icon was just a back door to get to it. The only way to get it back would be to Uninstall the last update and then stop Auto Updates at Google Play.

Indeed, around that time Google released a new maps apps which integrates the former navigation apps functionality. To navigate in Maps you need to access navigation via the Search bar on the top - press on the arrow symbol to the left of the spyglass, which will bring up all the navigation menu, that being self-explanatory.

Indeed, around that time Google released a new maps apps which integrates the former navigation apps functionality. To navigate in Maps you need to access navigation via the Search bar on the top - press on the arrow symbol to the left of the spyglass, which will bring up all the navigation menu, that being self-explanatory.

Navigation has always been a part of Maps. The Blue Navigation icon was just a back door to get to it.

Back
Top Bottom