• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Need app that uses notifications channel for alarms

rick12

Jan 3, 2010
I have a Galaxy Alpha with Android 5.0.2. I have tried a few apps that link to my calendar to turn off sounds during events. The one I've used the longest is Calengoo. The problem is that these apps don't turn off alarms. The Calengoo dev told me his app signals Android's Do Not Disturb. Even though if I use Do Not Disturb directly it turns off all sounds, including the alarms, when Calengoo signals it it doesn't turn off alarms. Neither do any of the other silencing apps I've tried.

So, the Calengoo dev suggested I find an alarm app that uses the notifications channel rather than the alarm channel. So far I haven't found one. Does anyone here know of such an app?

I don't have that option. But I did find the app Alarm Clock Plus that allows for silencing the alarm when the phone is in silent mode.

I found another problem, though. Not only ass the alarm not silenced; the multimedia channel wasn't silenced either. I'd forgotten about the time some months ago when I was in a meeting and my phone was "silenced" through a link with the calendar, how one of those obnoxious Google ads start blasting out music. But there's a solution to that: the app Media-Mute. Now I can enter an event in CalenGoo and know that my phone will be fully silenced.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones