• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Need Help Unlocking Kyocera Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just bought a kyocera event from a walmart and i know the phone works on sprint because there almost the same company and share the same radio/network but i called both companies and sprint was unable to activate it and virgin mobile wouldnt provide the unlock code (as always) does anyone have an idea how to unlock the phone so i can activate it on sprint PLEASE HELP!!!

There's no "unlock code" for a CDMA phone, that's for GSM phones that are locked against SIM cards from other carriers. The "lock" in a CDMA phone is the serial number of the phone being in the carrier's database and, since yours was sold as a Virgin Mobile phone, its serial number is in Virgin Mobile's database, not Sprint's, so it's impossible for Sprint to activate it (they can't even bring it up on the activation screen).

There are ways of using an old cheap Sprint phone to "clone" your phone into a Sprint phone, but a post here long enough to explain the process would probably get deleted because of its length (if it weren't deleted because it's against forum rules or something). And the odds are that you'd end up with two dead phones.

There are people who will do the work for you - look on eBay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom