• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need help with Mt3gs rooting...

ok, so i have been attempting to root my 3G slide with android SDK and ADB services, following the directions to the "T" off of the following website -

http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?title=TMobile_myTouch_Slide:_Full_Update_Guide

Now, on step 8, it tells you to open your "terminal" aka cmd through windows. it then tells you 7 different lines of code to enter. i have attempted entering these lines, and have no troubles until i reach line 5 - cd /sqlite_stmt_journals. it then tells me that cd /sqlite_stmt_journals: not found.

why am i seeing this message? i have followed the directives exactly up to this point, and dont understand why it's not working.

i have provided an attatched screenshot of the cmd messages side by side with the instructions as well as the link provided in this post.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• phone coding.jpg
    phone coding.jpg
    390 KB · Views: 81
You need to put a space after cd. You have it like this:
cd/sqlite_stmt...

Should be:
cd /sqlite_stmt...

Also after the files are pushed you can do the rest via terminal so no need for pc. Makes toggling the wifi easier imo.

You need to put a space after cd. You have it like this:
cd/sqlite_stmt...

Should be:
cd /sqlite_stmt...

Also after the files are pushed you can do the rest via terminal so no need for pc. Makes toggling the wifi easier imo.

Yeah, the missing space is the problem. cd is a change directory command and the /sqlite_stmt... is the directory you are changing to.

behold_this: What do you mean by "you can do the rest via terminal so no need for pc. Makes toggling the wifi easier imo."?

sorry...terminal emulator, but now that i think more about it, they should just follow the tutorials and use adb. so, disregard ;)

ok, made it past the cd /sqlite_stmt_journals code line. however the next line chmod 0755 exploid gives me the response unable to chmod exploid: No such file or directory...any ideas for this issue??:confused:

You didn't push exploid properly (possibly another typing error), but that's what it is telling you, that exploid is not in that directory.

Back
Top Bottom