• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Need help with photo recovery after factory reset

Jochem

Lurker
Jul 22, 2016
Hello all you brilliant minds out there.

I'll start with giving all the specifications of my phone:
- OnePlus 2
- Model: ONE A2003
- Software: Android 6.0.1
- OxygenOS version: 3.0.2

( I'm from belgium)

I've been using my phone for like a year now while taking tons of precious pictures (holidays, activities, etc).
My phone doesn't have an SD-slot so every picture is on the internal memory.
My phone started freezing a couple times and i had to restart the phone but accidently I used the vol. down + power button so i entered a chinese menu. Wanted to shut the phone down but did a factory reset instead.
I don't have a back-up whatsoever (classic story maybe and very stupid i know but can't change that now).

So now I want my precious pictures back.
I've had my share of harddisk failures and stuff in the past so it's not that i know nothing of computing or anything but this isn't the same because of the PTP or MTP problem new phones have.
After reading online for the past 6 days for ways to recover it, it seems possible to do so but not that easy after factory reset. My solution to get them back seems so close , yet so far away.

I've rooted my phone and i have superSU for more acces over my phone. I haven't touched my phone, except for a few apps that sync automatically, to prevent overwriting the data.

I've tried the following apps for recovering my photo's but with no succes:
- Wondershare DR Fone for android
- Yodot recovery for android
- easeUS mobisaver for android
- Wondershare data recovery
- Asoftech photo recovery
- Vibosoft DR mobile for android
- Stellar phoenix photo recovery
- Mobikin doctor for android
- Remo Recover for android
- Recuva
- Fonepaw android data recovery

I haven't tried anything like making an complete image of my phone to scan with other programs because i'm not sure at this moment what could work and because i'm not very familiar with that yet.
When asking special recovery companies they say it's possible but for a price between €600 - €1450 and my phone will be gone for 2 weeks. I'm willing to give €100 to the person who helps me out but >1000? Sorry no, i simply can't.

Please, is there anyone out there who knows a solution that might work?
After this i'm installing a back-up app right away but right now... i really need some help.

Thank you for reading till the end.
Any help is much appreciated!

I haven't tried anything like making an complete image of my phone to scan with other programs because i'm not sure at this moment what could work and because i'm not very familiar with that yet.
When asking special recovery companies they say it's possible but for a price between €600 - €1450 and my phone will be gone for 2 weeks. I'm willing to give €100 to the person who helps me out but >1000? Sorry no, i simply can't.

Please, is there anyone out there who knows a solution that might work?
After this i'm installing a back-up app right away but right now... i really need some help.

Thank you for reading till the end.
Any help is much appreciated!

Frankly from what you're describing, professional forensic data recovery might be your only option? How valuable are your pictures to you, priceless?

They're suppose to be the best in the business.
http://www.drivesaversdatarecovery.com/

Upvote 0
Frankly from what you're describing, professional forensic data recovery might be your only option? How valuable are your pictures to you, priceless?

They're suppose to be the best in the business.
http://www.drivesaversdatarecovery.com/

Hmmm thanks for the reply. If i don't have any other option i will have to do something like that yeah.
But it was the same with my harddisk. When i went to a store they would fix it for €350 - 650.
After a bit of research i found a way to do it myself and it worked.
Maybe i could do the same with my phone by trying something i haven't thought of yet.
>1000€ is a lot of money for something i can perhaps do myself (with a bit of help from someone who knows a lot more about this than i do atm).

It just feels so close to get everything back... yet just out of reach with the knowledge i have at this moment.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones