• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help [need suggestion]I want to install best Cynogenmod rom on my s2

SGS 2 it's an old phone and has it hardware limitations actually I'm running CM 4.0.4 version.

They got the whole bunch of versions here:

CyanogenMod Downloads

But is SGS2 working the best with the latest ones? I know they r nightly versions and they have bugs all arround but what do u guys recommend me to install?

The idea is to get the best battery life that I could get, light and fast performance on a day use.

Fast performance and best battery life are like two ends of a log suspended in the middle by a rope. You can lower either end, but the other end raises at the same time. You can't lower both ends at the same time. Speed costs battery.

If you have the time, try 9.1.0, then try 10.1.3 (2013-09-23). They're both stable versions, so you probably won't find many bugs. If you don't like either one, go back to 4.0.4 and wait until 10.2 is stable.

Upvote 0
Fast performance and best battery life are like two ends of a log suspended in the middle by a rope. You can lower either end, but the other end raises at the same time. You can't lower both ends at the same time. Speed costs battery.

If you have the time, try 9.1.0, then try 10.1.3 (2013-09-23). They're both stable versions, so you probably won't find many bugs. If you don't like either one, go back to 4.0.4 and wait until 10.2 is stable.

I installed 10.2 stable and seems pretty neat... just cant find the option that cm commonly has to reduce cpu frequency, did they removed?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones