• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root New EVO 4G ROMS slowing up?

jl79

Android Enthusiast
With the EVO 4G getting older and older everyday has the development of new ROMs slowed up or come to a halt? Looking around the board on a daily basis it seems everyday that there are less and less new ROMs for the EVO 4G.

Is there anything new on the horizon for the EVO 4G? Any incite to some new ROMs coming up?

Development certainly hasn't halted, but it probably has slowed down. However, even though some of our prior devs have departed most of them are still porting back their work to the old Evo, keeping us relevant.

The other size of the coin is that the new phones coming out have much better hardware than ours, and its getting increasingly harder to port their ROMS to our phones and have it working properly.

Also, with the departure of the original EVO devs there have been others stepping up to fill in the void. I toyed with it myself over winter break but now that my final term has started I'm busy as hell.

i wait until htc gets the official ics update onto their phones and then we will see a surge of roms coming out with ics!!! i gaurantee you that when the evo 3d gets ics you will see a ton of roms ported fromit. just wait. i remember this same topic right before gingerbread came out. and then BAM a ton of roms came out. so just wait. be patient and yes there are still a ton of devs working for the evo. i would not really worry about it just yet. i mean there are still devs working on hero roms still.

Back
Top Bottom