• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

new market out for the ally today

I got the new market today pushed to my ally. No notification of the update, I just went back to my market and it was changed. I had been looking at apps and clicked home then went back a minute later and it had changed. My buddys evo4gg right next to me has the old one still

There being pushed as a slient ota. Meaning you won't get a notification as you stated above. And like ota's each phone will get the update at random.

Upvote 0
There being pushed as a slient ota. Meaning you won't get a notification as you stated above. And like ota's each phone will get the update at random.

Do you have to be in stock condition to get it?
Or will it come to those that are rooted, have recoveries and have roms?
Or do we just need to wait for the devs to push it out to us?

Upvote 0
Do you have to be in stock condition to get it?
Or will it come to those that are rooted, have recoveries and have roms?
Or do we just need to wait for the devs to push it out to us?

Afaik if your rom has MarketUpdater.apk it "should" get the silent OTA. I could be wrong though.

There's already the 2.2 and 2.1 versions you can install manually. See the market thread in all things root.

Upvote 0
Afaik if your rom has MarketUpdater.apk it "should" get the silent OTA. I could be wrong though.

There's already the 2.2 and 2.1 versions you can install manually. See the market thread in all things root.

haha, i noticed that thread after i posted this or else i wouldve just been in there.

but i'm currently using velocity .3 so you do not have to be stock

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones