• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New Phone for the GF. Need help

ccsoccer03

Aug 23, 2010
Alright so let me be straightforward. My Gf has a Moto Droid (OG) that I've modded the crap out of with Cyanogen and such. It still lags and sucks battery and she's getting frustrated with me trying new things lol. She see's my droid X and she's jealous so it makes her frustrated. I want to get her a new phone. I thought about the Rhyme since her favorite color is purple and i've played with the phone. It has a 1GHZ processor with 768Mb of Ram. My only problem is that I've noticed its not very supported by the community and I was just wondering if its "life" would be short lived. I'm on a limited budget, so I really cant shell out $300 for a Rezound or Bionic. The $100 range is the best I can do ATM. Any better ideas? What about the LG Revolution? Its Ui is snappy. I'm not at all impressed with video but my droid x isnt really all that awesome either. I look forward to your replies!!! Thank you!!!

Edit: She's not a techie type. She just wants a phone that works. Is fast, and reliable with good battery life.

If she isn't a techie type then why does she need a phone that has root/rom support. Generally phones become less reliable when you root/rom them as the rom devs are always trying to tweak and make the rom better along with trying out experimental features.

The LG Revolution is one of the first generation LTE devices the battery life really isn't all that great. If she is wanting root rom support and LTE then I would suggest either looking at the HTC Thunderbolt or the Samsung Droid Charge, the LG Revolution doesn't appear to have as much rom support as either of these phones.

If she is in love with CM7 then I would suggest the Thunderbolt as there is no CM7 released on either of the other phones.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones