• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus S vs. Optimus Black

janpetras

May 24, 2011
~/jan/
Which one of these 2 phones you guys think it's better?
I mean, they have identical specifications.

I think the Optimus Black is better looking.
Optimus Black can also expand it's memory via an SD Card to 32 GB.
Optimus Black can also shoot 720p HD videos, not sure about Nexus S.
Optimus Black is also thinner, lighter, release only 3 months ago AND it has that awesome Nova display which is supposedly better than the iPhone 4 one.

Nexus S is well supposedly the Google phone.
It's somewhat curved, not sure if that's actually helpful, Optimus black also has a curve on the back side which (they say) makes it more comfortable in hand.
Nexus has a 540 GPU chipset while the OB has a 530 one... I read that the differences between the two are next to NONE.

Based on reviews, it seems like the Nexus S has a better battery life than the Optimus Black, however, I'd rather think this is due to usage to different styles, etc. and not really related to to the battery itself.

What do you guys think about these two phones?
I'm planning on buying one of these but, like you may have noticed, I tend to incline towards the Optimus Black because it's newer, but not sure yet, Nexus S seems awesome too.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones