• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official Netflix in Market for Evo 4g 2.x

Well, I did the OTA update and it still didn't work. I called Sprint and they said to delete the app and reinstall. Great idea, but it doesn't work because when I go to download the app, it says my EVO is not compatible with my device.

I am running Gingerbread.

Am I missing something?

Read the post before yours

i installed it. it still doesn't work with the new update (at least not on 3G) . i'll try it on my WiFi when i get home.

I would bet that something else is wrong then, because I just installed it as well and it works well over 3G here. What does it do when you try it?

I would bet that something else is wrong then, because I just installed it as well and it works well over 3G here. What does it do when you try it?

the same thing it did after i go the update. i go to play something, i get the red 'netflix' screen showing it is buffering and then it just goes back to the netflix menu.

i had netflix when i was on froyo but prior to updating to gingerbread i did a factory reset. just downloaded netflix again after getting the gingerbread fix yesterday and it works perfectly. the movie popped right up and played without a problem.

Worked good on 3G for me. Didn't try anything else. Watched the first five minutes of "Revenge of the Nerds", said Woo Hoo! and came to work.

I downloaded the Netflix application from the market tonight after seeing this thread. I performed the main update a few days ago over the weekend and then manually ran the update the releases yesterday this afternoon. I had not previously known there was a Netflix streaming app until I found this site so my Netflix app install was clean.

Works perfectly. Just finished watching Family Guy.

stainlessray-albums-qr-codes-picture3743-market-netflix-andro-qr-droid-small.png

Scan the code for Netflix in Android Market. Works well since the OTA Maintenance update.

I can't get my netflix to work. Uninstalled it several times over and nada. If someone can provide an easy helpful way to fix I would appreciate it. My phone is not rooted and I don't really want to mess with that if I don't have to.

I can't get my netflix to work. Uninstalled it several times over and nada. If someone can provide an easy helpful way to fix I would appreciate it. My phone is not rooted and I don't really want to mess with that if I don't have to.

When you say it doesn't work, what is it doing? The update that was released on the last weekend has to be applied and then the update that was released on the 20th has to be applied as well.

If you have only applied the first main update, the Netflix app will launch and start playing audio and then immediately go back to the Netflix movie list. After applying the update that was released on the 20th, the application will play the movies perfectly.

What update that was released the 20th? I never got an update... i guess i'll have to go searching haha Mine is a fresh netflix install on 2.3 (never had netflix before) and it'll load up the movies list and then it crashes out the movies list again. Blargh.

Well I just got netflix to work on my phone...

I'm on an Evo 4G, Rooted Warm 2.2, I couldn't find it in the market, so I downloaded This Netflix APK, and it gave me the exact file I needed. I emailed it to myself and installed it directly from my email account on my phone, and I don't have a file manager installed...

I can't get it to play. It keeps dropping back to the queue efren it finishes buffering. Tried reinstalling 3x now, no luck.

Help.

I run stock rooted 2.3, got it the week the update came out.

Back
Top Bottom