• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Over heating ._.

iTzKPanda

AF's resident panda
so I haven't really noticed it until just now but my phone gets HOT.
I was using it for about an hour and my friend called so I picked up hos call and when I put the phone to me face, I almost burned my face off from the overheating

I could tell the phone gets a little warm through the case, but I never realized the heat from the screen and near the rear camera

I've had mine get warm, but never so warm as to call it hot. You might want to check out whatever program you were using and see if it using the battery excessively.

Yeah my phone tends to get hot albeit during "heavy" use. ex - watching video, toggling to browser and downloading files while charging.

Another thing that's happening is somewhat of an anomaly. My phone will sometimes after rebooting and plugging it in to charge say - "Charging has been suspended due to excessive heat"
The phone/battery though are NOT at all hot even to the touch. I'll sometimes shut the phone down for a bit and reboot and even when the battery is cold, will still get this message. Battery temp is even shown as being pretty cool.

It usually takes me several reboots to get rid of the message.

It's like the phone "thinks" its overheating.

hmm my phone doesn't go THAT far .
And it overheats towards the top of the phone towards the notification bar and the rear camera and not the battery

Well, the battery was heating up because you were charging and discharging fast (video and WiMax), and the CPU was getting hot from the HD video (Youtube videos automatically are loaded in HD if 4G is used).

My Galaxy, all of a sudden, stopped receiving calls. Everything else works. Books don't tell me what went wrong. All networks seems fine. I need to know how I can get this phone to accept phone callers? The phone is only 60 days old

Yeah my phone tends to get hot albeit during "heavy" use. ex - watching video, toggling to browser and downloading files while charging.

Another thing that's happening is somewhat of an anomaly. My phone will sometimes after rebooting and plugging it in to charge say - "Charging has been suspended due to excessive heat"
The phone/battery though are NOT at all hot even to the touch. I'll sometimes shut the phone down for a bit and reboot and even when the battery is cold, will still get this message. Battery temp is even shown as being pretty cool.

It usually takes me several reboots to get rid of the message.

It's like the phone "thinks" its overheating.

I had the exact same thing happen to me. Turns out it was a cheap third-party charger that was causing the issue. I had it happen once with using said charger, and after that I've used the charger the phone came with. No problems since.

Back
Top Bottom