• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help PC not recognizing mytouch 4G

I just bought this phone a couple of weeks ago. It runs on 2.3.6.

I am not interested in rooting my phone. All I wanted was the No Root Screenshot It app. However, my PC doesn't recognize my phone. It just sits in device manager as Android Adapter. Error description below:

Problem Event Name: PnPDriverNotFound
Architecture: x86
Hardware Id: USBVID_12D1&PID_1038&REV_0227&MI_01 ***(add backslash between USB and VID. Forum would not allow me to add it because of spam feature for links)***
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

So I can't even run eclipse or SDK to do anything. I have tried downloading the HTC device drivers alone, then the whole HTC sync package. It didn't work. Then I tried using the drivers in the SDK folder (under extras->google->usb_driver) Nothing recognizes my device, nor do any of the drivers I have tried worked...whether they are OEM drivers or manufacturer drivers.

Yes, I have enabled USB debugging.

I am an intermediate user and programmer. I have even tried editing the string content, updating it with a new string, into the usb inf file in the sdk package to recognize my device, but unfortunately the code was made for much earlier versions of android.

I am running Windows Vista SP2. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you! :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones