• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help People with SanDisk 64GB cards: please help me, may have received second bad card

jackdubl

Android Expert
May 18, 2010
Topeka, KS
I would like to know how everyone's card works. I just got a replacement card, formatted in phone, loaded some files on. Now, if I try to delete the files, either on my phone or computer, the deleted files reappear after I disconnect and remount the card. If I format again on phone, it formats but then gives an error message that card is blank or has unsupported files on it. Then if I remount the card the same files are still there. I basically CANNOT delete the contents of the card using any method. The first card I received from the seller had similar but not the same problems, and they told me SanDisk had recalled that batch and was sending out replacements. This is the replacement. It leaves the impression that these cards just don't operate smoothly like the old 32GB cards do. I have a Sandisk 32GB card and it works without incident.

So people using SanDisk 64GB cards, do they work? Do they have any quirks at all? I want to buy another one(from a different seller), but I am in a place where I just don't think they work at the moment, or else this highly rated seller is selling phony cards, which I find hard to believe. Also, for those that find they operate basically the same as the 32GB cards, where did you buy?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones