• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone complete stuck on "Downloading.. Do not turn off target!!"

Hi
My phone, Galaxy S CM11, suddenly, during the day, reboot itself and entered by itself to download mode.
I am familiar with rooting and ROMs, and I wasn't accidentally enter to Download mode.
All day long, I searched a lot of Android forums about this kind of message, and still my phone is stuck and cannot make it out of it.
I tried all the following:
- Short and long pressing on Power itself (5,10,30 seconds)
- Pressing Power+Volume-Up, Power+Volume-Down, Power+Volume-Up+Volume-Down
- All the above plus Home
- Uninstall the battery and re-install it for a second, 5 min, 1 hour
- Uninstall SIM card and external SD card and re-install
- Change USB cables
- and try to burn new loader through Odin3 but the PC doesn't recognize the phone
- re-install Samsung phone drivers
- re-install Odin application

noting, nothing, nothing !

I am so desperate :(:(:(

Has my phone bricked itself?

Have you let the battery completely drain itself & then instead of power on > try going into recovery mode..
But from what you said above you may have bricked it..:confused:

eh if its stuck in download mode as long as the pc reads the phone,cant you just use the lg support tool and let it reset you back to stock,and then start from scratch.honestly i agree with rash you may have bricked it but if the download mode serves its function you should be able to do that to get a fresh start

hi
a lab technician examined the phone and replaced the usb port and charging controller. but still didn't help.
couple of days ago a friend tried to charge his phone with my charger and the charger suddenly explode.
maybe this was the root cause; the technician thought that the flash chip is also burnt down.
so now I have a paper holder state of the art ;)

thanks for the help

Back
Top Bottom