• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Play Music Sucks...

zoxxo

Android Enthusiast
Jul 25, 2010
Issaquah, WA
music off of my tablet... :)

The Play Music app is sucking music off of my N7 and storing it in the cloud with my other music. I can accept it happening on my PC because I set that up, but there is music and sound files on my tablet that I don't want in the cloud, or even referenced in the cloud, and Google is doing that without my permission. Does anyone know how to sop this from happening?

music off of my tablet... :)

The Play Music app is sucking music off of my N7 and storing it in the cloud with my other music. I can accept it happening on my PC because I set that up, but there is music and sound files on my tablet that I don't want in the cloud, or even referenced in the cloud, and Google is doing that without my permission. Does anyone know how to sop this from happening?

Try another app and kill the play music processes

Upvote 0
I didn't think Google Music could do that.......I thought it only stored them locally, unless you uploaded them from PC only........hmmmmmmmmmmmm
Tis true.

To my knowledge, unless things have changed, you can only upload files from the computer. However, if you have files not in your online library on the device, Google Music will find them and add them to your list of audio. However, it does not upload them, and will be amongst the local and pinned for offline mode files once you cut off internet to the device.

Upvote 0
Okay, this is me with the red face of embarrassment. I thought it was uploading the files, but on further inspection it was only showing the local files in my initial list that you get on startup. I would prefer that it not do that but it's not as bad as uploading the files...

Sorry for creating the fire drill...

Reactions: RichSz
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones