• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Please could I have some help rooting my Moto G 4G?

So for the past few days I've been trying to root my phone (it's my first time attempting to root). I successfully unlocked the boot loader just fine so at least that is working. However I'm utterly perplexed as to how to root it now. I've scoured through countless forum posts but nothing seems to work for me. I was hoping that someone could help me here and presumable anyone else in the future could use this as a reference? I'm stumped so this is my final option.

Oh and also it would be great if someone could recommend some form of backup utility that I can use if in the worst case scenario everything breaks.

Thanks.

P.S: I should clarify, my build number is LPB23.13-17

Last edited:
Maybe try Kingroot?
Tried multiple times.
UcaN0Np.png

It does work, no "big red android" so far phone rebooted. Then it showed the usual Motorola "Danger this device is unlocked" screen for a few seconds. Then it rebooted again and proceeded to launch Android as usual and is now (yet again) optimizing 65 apps.

I'll try a second attempt after it's finished being annoying and optimizing apps constantly.

Hahaha, well for future reference this quote will be going on my grave "The big red android is a lie". It's rooted I used a verification app and SuperSU is installed. Thanks now I can enjoy the wonders of root, made my day.

Back
Top Bottom