• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Preparing USB Storage on Notification Bar When Starting Up?

When booting your phone it appears. It is just a notification of the USB storage being mounted in the phone's OS. It is a normal notification.

It appears when I connect an USB OTG cable with an USB device like a thumb drive on my phone :)

BTW, for disconnecting I go to the phone's Settings, Storage ... and unmount the USB storage, like I do it on my PC with an USB disk drive.

Harry

It appears when I connect an USB OTG cable with an USB device like a thumb drive on my phone :)

BTW, for disconnecting I go to the phone's Settings, Storage ... and unmount the USB storage, like I do it on my PC with an USB disk drive.

Harry

Are you not getting confused with the SD card external storage? my USB storage is used all the time when I don't have an ExternalSD card installed.

Are you not getting confused with the SD card external storage? my USB storage is used all the time when I don't have an ExternalSD card installed.

You're right :)

When mounting USB storage via OTG cable then the notification "Preparing USB Storage, please wait" pops up as window on the screen, not on the notification bar. In this case the phone acts as USB host.

In the past when my phone could be connected as mass storage to a PC, I think it was the same notification on the notifiaction bar when I disconnected and then phone mounted its external SD card.
The phone as mass storage for a PC means the SD card is unmounted on the phone and mounted on the PC.

Harry

Back
Top Bottom