• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Prevent Messages/Virtual VM Apps from Opening?

Seagull84

Hi everyone,

How the heck to I stop Virtual VM and Messages from automatically starting and running in the background every time I get a text message or voicemail? I have already downloaded/installed and set chompSMS to the default text app.

Even though text messages will open/send in chompSMS automatically, the Messages and Virtual VM apps will still automatically open and run in the background without telling me. Since they sap up so much battery life on my Eris, I want them to stop opening.

Thanks.

Possibly related question...I have a friend who wants to know if there's an app available that will notify you every 5min that you have a message/email/missed call/vm that you haven't answered yet or read. Is there such an app?

Possibly related question...I have a friend who wants to know if there's an app available that will notify you every 5min that you have a message/email/missed call/vm that you haven't answered yet or read. Is there such an app?

Missed call and SMS Popup

Back
Top Bottom