• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help problem with charging my phone

it seems some how my phone is not charging anymore and i haven't dropped it or anything since it last charged properly. so i was wondering if i am ****ed or if it could somehow be a loose solder or something any wise words of wisdom would be much appreciated
have you gotten your phone to work yet? I'm having the same problem and took to retailer they said it has 1yr warranty & they can give me another one for $20 plus tax and that these phones have that problem. but I want to get mine fixed instead of getting a refurb phone and not knowing what problems it had. I was soooo loving my phone.

Upvote 0
it seems some how my phone is not charging anymore and i haven't dropped it or anything since it last charged properly. so i was wondering if i am ****ed or if it could somehow be a loose solder or something any wise words of wisdom would be much appreciated
@ drake
I had the same problem
my usb port was lose
I took it back to metro
they give me a LG cable
which is just a tiny itcy bitsy bigger
with 2 lil hooks
now its charging again
if u had it less then a month ,
Bring it back

Upvote 0
ive tried about 20 diffrent usb cords from all sorts of devices but it still wont work there is broken conection in there and i cant bring it back i live 500 miles from the nearest cricket store and i dont plan on driving 8 hours to have them replace it for me i can fix it myself i bought this phone planing to mod it anyway and making a monster out of it just having problems with the nonconductive paint they use i just dont know if its can be heated to be removed or if i just have to scrape it off i just wanted to find out i think i might add a new proscessor if i need to and increase the internal ram and just make a new rom for it fo the stock 2.2 or 2.3 from google lol who knows but i should be able to reprogram it to work with cricket since they accept open phones

Upvote 0
ive tried about 20 diffrent usb cords from all sorts of devices but it still wont work there is broken conection in there and i cant bring it back i live 500 miles from the nearest cricket store and i dont plan on driving 8 hours to have them replace it for me i can fix it myself i bought this phone planing to mod it anyway and making a monster out of it just having problems with the nonconductive paint they use i just dont know if its can be heated to be removed or if i just have to scrape it off i just wanted to find out i think i might add a new proscessor if i need to and increase the internal ram and just make a new rom for it fo the stock 2.2 or 2.3 from google lol who knows but i should be able to reprogram it to work with cricket since they accept open phones
r u saying ur gonna take it apart ,
and gave it a new brain LoL
can u call Cricket and send it back ?
downside , u wont have a phone for awhile LoL
or is there any repair shop able to soler the port back?
(if that's the case - lose port )
well sorri im not much help
Good Luck
Hope u get it fix
Make that phone a 6 mil dollar Man
I meant Phone LoL
that walk and talk , shot laser
with a light saber =) Woo Hoo

Upvote 0
no its the connector i got it ripped apart but there is this red paint like stuff all over the connections for the usb port any one know how to get that stuff off

yeah, the red stuff yields to nothing. i have used a stubbed (broken) xacto to carefully scrape it off.

if it's the same stuff in the razrv3.

Reactions: drake53545
Upvote 0
I've been having charging problems for the last 2 weeks with my Metro PCS Android. It takes forever to charge, I have to position it a certain way so it can charge, and when I take it off the charger it's fully charged but, in 4 hours it's completely dead. Like right now it's dead. It's been on the charger since 4:00 pm and I went to check it 9:30 pm the phone won't even come on. I have alot of business to tend to and this the only phone I have. What can I do to stop from having this problem?

Upvote 0
I've been having charging problems for the last 2 weeks with my Metro PCS Android. It takes forever to charge, I have to position it a certain way so it can charge, and when I take it off the charger it's fully charged but, in 4 hours it's completely dead. Like right now it's dead. It's been on the charger since 4:00 pm and I went to check it 9:30 pm the phone won't even come on. I have alot of business to tend to and this the only phone I have. What can I do to stop from having this problem?

I have seen a lot of people complaining about the charging port malfunctioning. You may want to take it back to the store and have them check it.

Upvote 0

yep its a system defect, saw a video on youtube also when i guy phone was like that and when he unplug his phone it still says charging on the screen, take it back to the and get a fresh one, dont forget if you have a flash rom on it, or its rootted, flash it back to stock before taking it in.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones