• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help problem with my bluetooth

Hey guys just got my Droid Maxx last week I switched back to android after being on the apple train for the last 2 years or so. I like having the bigger screen and the battery is a lot better. My one issue is I paired my Maxx to my Altima to play music through the bluetooth audio using Google Play app and every time the bluetooth app will force close and the music will stop playing a few seconds later it will re-connect any idea what could be causing this? Thanks.

A force close is usually due to bad software or running too much software for the amount of RAM you have. (Android needs the space, so it swaps some Bluetooth software out for a moment to do what it needs, then swaps it back in, in its former state - running. If tould even be swapping out one part of the BT software because it need to run another part of it. Or swapping our your music app to run BT to transfer more music over. The solution, if any of that's the problem, is to run fewer and smaller apps.)

I shut down all the apps and just ran the music one and it does the same thing I guess its not a force close its more of a blue tooth stopped working

I have issues with this that I think has something to do with WiFi - as I enter and leave an area with wifi, this happens to me. Usually I have to restart the music. It's just a theory, but it happens when I listen to BT earbuds when I go out for a run, too, as I leave WiFi connection space of the house. (I also have a Pebble watch that connects by BT so I disconnect that whenever I start up the car, which also helps.)

Go into settings / WiFi, tap the menu control on the bottom right and tap advanced, and turn off the option "Scanning always available". It'll be interesting to see if that helps.

One other idea is to see if the car has a firmware update for its Bluetooth system.

It's possible your device has a bad Bluetooth radio. If it persists I would take it back for a new unit.

I know Bluetooth stability for me has been pretty bad on 4.4. I'm hoping it improves on 4.4.2.

Back
Top Bottom