• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Proof of Not having gorilla glass?

This topic has been brought up many times. Gorilla Glass does not mean it cannot be cracked. In fact, it is probably easier to crack because it is much harder than typical display material.

Boost Mobile (Sprint) Warp - ZTE USA

Not sure how much more this can be debated....
I have had this phone about 3 months with no screen protector. The screen has no scratches. Once the finger prints are wiped off, it still looks brand new.

I don't use a screen protecter either.. not a single scratch... I just wanted to point out what I found..

Upvote 0
I have broken gorilla glass many times. But the feel is not as responsive or smooth as i remember from the triumph. There is actually a squeeze to the screen that makes me think its not gorilla

i've noticed that play too. no screen protector, but mine has still managed to get a scratch about as long as a pinky nail; not sure how, but thankfully it's not too noticeable.

Upvote 0
Well i read in the gorila is depend the manufactory of the phone

Well of course the manufacture is going to pass the buck and say its who the phone is made. All companies does this as if they admitted it was their fault. Then how much longer would a company stay in business? Why in manufacturing its hard to say who is to blame.

Resistant don't mean foolproof. Just look at how thin the glass is. There is always something that can scratch any material. Look at diamonds the hardest substance known to man but you can scratch it with another diamond.

So don't read into gorilla glass. Its more a hey look our phones has gorilla glass. Its scratch and shatter resistant.

Now I saw think last year where there is a new glass that is way more durable than gorilla glass. Think it called dragon scale or something like that but no word when it will be used in smartphones.

Reactions: 903Tex
Upvote 0
Well of course the manufacture is going to pass the buck and say its who the phone is made. All companies does this as if they admitted it was their fault. Then how much longer would a company stay in business? Why in manufacturing its hard to say who is to blame.

Resistant don't mean foolproof. Just look at how thin the glass is. There is always something that can scratch any material. Look at diamonds the hardest substance known to man but you can scratch it with another diamond.

So don't read into gorilla glass. Its more a hey look our phones has gorilla glass. Its scratch and shatter resistant.

Now I saw think last year where there is a new glass that is way more durable than gorilla glass. Think it called dragon scale or something like that but no word when it will be used in smartphones.

Thank you!

Upvote 0
that why i bougth a hard case.

Honestly I didnt buy a hard case because this phone was supposed to have gorilla glass. I watched a demo of true gorilla @ my local sprint store. Guy put what i think was an atrix 2 down on the counter and picked up a screwdriver, and stabbed and scratched @ the screen. Then showed me.... not a scratch on it. It was impressive.

Upvote 0
Honestly I didnt buy a hard case because this phone was supposed to have gorilla glass. I watched a demo of true gorilla @ my local sprint store. Guy put what i think was an atrix 2 down on the counter and picked up a screwdriver, and stabbed and scratched @ the screen. Then showed me.... not a scratch on it. It was impressive.
Yeah just like those tv knives. They show at these trade shows or whatever you call them. You watch them saw on a brick and a leather shoe. A pepsi can, and a hammer and it still cuts this tomato with ease. Now ask to buy the display knife used in the little demostration. Better yet ask them to take a knife out a random box you choose and watch them say no really quick. Because its staged stuff.

You really think someone is going to take a screw driver and start stabbing and scratching their $600 phone? Sure gorilla glass maybe tougher but it not that great. I will show you my original droid. That had the gorilla glass. It didnt fair too well with a recliner test.

Upvote 0
Yeah just like those tv knives. They show at these trade shows or whatever you call them. You watch them saw on a brick and a leather shoe. A pepsi can, and a hammer and it still cuts this tomato with ease. Now ask to buy the display knife used in the little demostration. Better yet ask them to take a knife out a random box you choose and watch them say no really quick. Because its staged stuff.

You really think someone is going to take a screw driver and start stabbing and scratching their $600 phone? Sure gorilla glass maybe tougher but it not that great. I will show you my original droid. That had the gorilla glass. It didnt fair too well with a recliner test.

Lmao @ recliner test

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones