• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

PROS and CONS to using online preorder?

rohan99

Lurker
Jun 8, 2010
Hey all. I am planning to preorder the Evo 4g LTE when it goes on sale in May. I would like to find out how easy or difficult it is to preorder online through Sprint or some other online retailer versus preordering in a store such as Best Buy. What are the pros and cons of doing so? What sites do you suggest? Any bad experiences? I am used to purchasing a new phone in the store so I wanted to see what everyone thinks before I pull the trigger. Thanks

Hey all. I am planning to preorder the Evo 4g LTE when it goes on sale in May. I would like to find out how easy or difficult it is to preorder online through Sprint or some other online retailer versus preordering in a store such as Best Buy. What are the pros and cons of doing so? What sites do you suggest? Any bad experiences? I am used to purchasing a new phone in the store so I wanted to see what everyone thinks before I pull the trigger. Thanks

Well, from what I hear - when you order through telesales, you could convince them to giving you a credit (which is based off of how long you've been a customer, paying your bill on time, how many lines you have on acct, etc..)

Upvote 0
I have preordered a couple times on Sprint online, seems to work good and you get the phone early and don't have to stand inline at a store. I just did it this morning when the preorder text/email came out for the Nexus. I pulled over on the side of the road (best not to order while driving) and in five minutes my phone was ordered-done deal, should arrive by the end of the week. Takes another five minutes to activate when you get it.

Reactions: BenChase7
Upvote 0
Yeah the Sprint preorder process is usually pretty painless and at least for me they usually bill for the charge through my sprint bill.

I don't think they do that any longer. A few month back they cancelled bill to account for everything except Android apps. You have to have a major credit card at the time of pre-order from now on (or at least that's how it is supposed to be).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones