• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Question About Different Backs

inkdesigner

Mar 18, 2010
USA
I was wondering if anyone had any insight about the pebbled leather vs. soft grip backs for the Turbo 2. I currently have an oOG Turbo in 64GB with the ballistic nylon back, so I know how that is. I'm trying to figure out which back will have the best compromise between style, looks, durability, and anti-slip properties.

I honestly don't know, not having touched the phones. They should be in stores today, and I bet that they have samples of all of the back options there - I'd suggest stopping by a store and see what they have for the Turbo 2.

Durability I think that you can never truly know without time, but I believe that the Motorola leather backs for the X series of phones from 2014 (and I think they had leather in 2013) have held up well, compared with, say, the leather options on the LG G4 phones, which I've heard start looking bad fast.

Upvote 0
I recommend going to Verizon to see the colors and touch the surfaces before ordering at moto maker. Seeing the real thing is much better than a picture.
Agreed- I didn't think I'd like the Soft Grip backs based on what I read, but when I held the demo phones in hand, I actually liked it more than the ballistic nylon!

Reactions: doogald
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones