• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Random reboots, missing pictures, scrambled ringtones

lamoglinsgal

Android Expert
Jun 23, 2010
Virginia
I have no idea what's going on. I haven't downloaded anything new lately, but my Inc is totally out of whack. I posted the other day about my pictures showing up as gray boxes with exclamation points. I've also, just in the past few days, had random reboots, and last night even got stuck in a short boot loop.

Then this morning, my ringtones are all mixed up. All of the ones I had set are something completely different than what I set them to.

Is it possible it's my memory card causing all of this? It seems like that would be best case scenario.

I have no idea what's going on. I haven't downloaded anything new lately, but my Inc is totally out of whack. I posted the other day about my pictures showing up as gray boxes with exclamation points. I've also, just in the past few days, had random reboots, and last night even got stuck in a short boot loop.

Then this morning, my ringtones are all mixed up. All of the ones I had set are something completely different than what I set them to.

Is it possible it's my memory card causing all of this? It seems like that would be best case scenario.

Are you rooted? If so, nandroid back up >> full wipe/factory reset >> fresh install.

If not, go to Verizon, show/explain what happened.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones