• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Razr Maxx vs LG Spectrum

juny20

I searched the forums, but did not find a direct comparison. Have any of you tried these two phones personally? What's your take? I have the LG Spectrum. I can say the screen is truly amazing! Nothing compares to that screen in my opinion. But, like most 4g phones, battery is not the best. I can go 16 hours on my Spectrum, but with no heavy use.

How about the smart actions Motorola packed on the phone? Or the multimedia share app from Motorola? I think those are a Motorola unique feature. Are they worth it? I know the Kevlar back does not compare to the plastic back on the Spectrum.

I would like your opinions. I can still exchange my Spectrum for the Razr Maxx. I would pay an additional $100 if I do the exchange. Is it worth it???

The Smart Actions help a fair bit. They have one called "Nighttime Battery Saver" that will only activate at "Night" (default 10pm-4:59am) when it's not charging and the phone's not moving. It then turns off all the radios.

The Kevlar back is scratch resistant. If you take a knife to it, it will have a good gash, but not as deep as it would be if it were plastic. Minor scuffs and scratches will be repelled.

This is the usage I got on my most recent charge. Mind you, I spent alot of time on Tapatalk.

Phone battery info:

99% - 13%
1d 1h 0m 1s on Battery

android OS 29%
Display 23%
Wifi 16%
Voice Calls 11%
Phone idle 6%
cell standby 6%
Tapatalk 3%
Browser 3%
Facebook 2%

Display on 4h 47m 49s
I am running Stock, unrooted software
version 6.12.181.XT912

I searched the forums, but did not find a direct comparison. Have any of you tried these two phones personally? What's your take? I have the LG Spectrum. I can say the screen is truly amazing! Nothing compares to that screen in my opinion. But, like most 4g phones, battery is not the best. I can go 16 hours on my Spectrum, but with no heavy use.

How about the smart actions Motorola packed on the phone? Or the multimedia share app from Motorola? I think those are a Motorola unique feature. Are they worth it? I know the Kevlar back does not compare to the plastic back on the Spectrum.

I would like your opinions. I can still exchange my Spectrum for the Razr Maxx. I would pay an additional $100 if I do the exchange. Is it worth it???

First, can you get the smart actions app on the play store or no?

Secondly, you will definitely be trading one of the set screens on a phone EVER for double or more the battery life. Is that worth $100 more to you? How fat would an extended battery make your spectrum? How much of a hassle would it be for you to just manage your battery over the course of the day every day? Would it be more of a hassle to carry an extra battery or have a charger handy almost all the time? These are the questions that you should really ask yourself.

For $100 you would never have to worry about your battery BUT have a not nearly as good of a screen for the next two years. Is it worth it to you or not?

Thanks for the replies. I made the decision...my Maxx arrives tomorrow Tuesday. I like the Spectrum, but I am too use to Motorola's build quality and industrial design. I couldn't get use to the LG materials and design. I guess I am too used to my loyal Droid X. My Droid X is still going strong. I re-activated it on Saturday to put the Spectrum away until I send it back to Amazon. The Spectrum is a great phone, but I really need the battery life, the kevlar cover on the back, Gorilla Glass (Spectrum has this too), nano-coating, and the extra support on the Android community. Plus, I am planning to get the HD station to hook the phone and use it as a semi-portable-mini-computer (when I travel). Based on all the reviews I've read and on my satisfaction with my Droid X, I am going with the Maxx... The screen...yes, the screen is nothing short of spectacular on the Spectrum, but I can manage with what the Maxx offers. My Droid X screen serves me well, so it is not a deal killer for me. I can see the Maxx serving me well for two years until Moto comes out with a quad-core double-super Amoled 1080p display and 128gb of memory. :) By next weekend, I will post an update and a comparison on both phones...

I'm getting my droid razr maxx Thursday. And I'm a loyal droid X user.. Mine is still going, if it wasn't for the unlimited data problem going on, I would wait for a newer motorola phone..

Yes, the Droid X is an awesome phone. I got my Razr Maxx today, been using it for a couple of hours now and I am amazed! This phone is a true engineering marvel! I couldn't be happier with my decision! I will do a detailed follow up after I have at least a couple days with the phone. So far, to me personally, is way ahead of the Spectrum.

Back
Top Bottom