• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Really need help, Error Code 67 Data Call Failure, won't connect to 3G at all

Hey guys, I just ordered the HTC One V from Virgin Mobile about 3 days ago, and it just got in yesterday, but I've been having problems with it. When I first opened it up and tried activating it, I had tried doing it using 3G in the car right then and there, but for some reason it wasn't working. So when I got home, I logged on my Virgin Mobile account and went through the steps of activating it, and it did connect to 3G for that. But then immediately after, any time that I turn on my mobile network to connect to 3G, it won't connect at all and keeps giving me error code 67. It's really frustrating because now I cannot send or receive MMS messages at all. I am able to use my WiFi though without any problem. I've updated the software, rebooted many times, tried keeping airplane mode on for a little while before trying again, and nothing that I do is working, my phone refuses to connect to 3G.

Hey guys, I just ordered the HTC One V from Virgin Mobile about 3 days ago, and it just got in yesterday, but I've been having problems with it. When I first opened it up and tried activating it, I had tried doing it using 3G in the car right then and there, but for some reason it wasn't working. So when I got home, I logged on my Virgin Mobile account and went through the steps of activating it, and it did connect to 3G for that. But then immediately after, any time that I turn on my mobile network to connect to 3G, it won't connect at all and keeps giving me error code 67. It's really frustrating because now I cannot send or receive MMS messages at all. I am able to use my WiFi though without any problem. I've updated the software, rebooted many times, tried keeping airplane mode on for a little while before trying again, and nothing that I do is working, my phone refuses to connect to 3G.
I'm having the same exact problem as you. I received my HTC One V yesterday and activated it using the wifi. The 3g does not connect at all. I called virgin mobile customer service and the woman that assisted me kept repeating that they are having issues with this code and that they're working on it.

Would greatly appreciate some help with this matter as well.

Thanks!

I had this issue a couple months ago when I swapped from my Optimus V to the HTC One V thru their web site. Turned out that the swap does not entirely de-activate the 3g on the old cell, it was grabbing the IP address away from my new phone over and over. The age old IP conflict.

So, if you have another phone you swapped away from, shut off the mobile data on it and run wifi only.

Weird eh? And no thanks to Virgin Mobile for their tech support. I figured it out myself after they gave me useless scripted non-answers via email.

Check the VM Facebook page. There are many people on there with the issue. Their online support team members post their email addresses in many of their posts. Pick a couple and start emailing and get them to fix it. It's on their end. I had the same issue with my replacement EVO V and they eventually got it fixed. Unfortunately, they didn't explain what exactly it was they had to do... but the most helpful support person was Lauren S, the one who said "I've noticed that something wasn't in sync with your account. So I've corrected it." and the next morning my 3G was working and has been since.

Back
Top Bottom