• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Recover Wet Spirit?

Cat24

Lurker
I dropped my LG Spirit in my cup of coffee this morning and it was on. Is there any hope of saving it? It was on and when I dropped it and it was off when I took it out, I opened it and dried everything but the coffee was sticky sweet and went inside where I can't access it to clean it up. The bottom half od the phone was totally submerged in the coffee. I am trying to make funeral plans and notify family and on top of that I am laid off for the rest of the month. No way to afford another one. :(

Thanks everyone!
Cat

I just saved an LG Esteem from submersion in a cup of vodka. I had to replace the LCD and battery. It still works great surprisingly. Putting it in a container of rice for a week did the trick. Change the rice out daily.

Pardon my bad manners, I totally forgot to come back and thank you. The above advice was perfect and the phone is still working with no problems. A few have said that eventually some of the innards will rust but I am happy for now.
Thank you again! :D

Back
Top Bottom