• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Recovery]ClockworkMod 6.0.3.7 recovery for Ring

Koumajutsu

Android Expert
Koumajutsu here, This post is a copy of:

http://androidforums.com/galaxy-pre...lockworkmod-based-recovery-prevail2-ring.html

because it's quite possible it works just fine on the Ring as well.
We need brave souls with copies of their original recovery so they can roll back if it doesn't work to give this a try.

The following is a copy of the body of the referenced post.
I have the first build of CWM for our phone. It's nearly complete but quite usable. The only things missing are ADB and I cheated a little in supporting the internal sdcard which may lead to issues if an update.zip wipes /data.

(Turns out the internal SDcard is actually a folder in /data)

This works on the Prevail 2. It is untested on the Ring but should work.

I don't have a good screenshot as of this moment, nor a good copy of Odin to use bundled with it. Heimdall works great though

here it is: https://www.dropbox.com/s/d0b3hr8t14p2p1e/CWM_Prevail2_Ring_Koumajutsu.tar

Thanks go to Koush for supplying the source.
Shabbypenguin for helping me where I got stuck, supplying me with my initial device tree, and helping me deal with fstab issues.
And to OUDHitsquad for motivating and listening to me vent

Screenshot
2d0g8b8.png

Even though i am partial to the cwm that works in teh other thread (even though it is pink) I will give this a go

everything works fine but the internal sd card is mouted at media lol i hate that backups are soooo big now but hey atleast it works

ah, thats due to it not being done all the way :/

cm started 10.2 they messed up a lot, with 10.1 this would be running fine :/

Anyway of installing this version of Clockwork onto the device without Odin? I've always preferred working from my devices themselves, fewer things seem to go wrong for me.

Anyway of installing this version of Clockwork onto the device without Odin? I've always preferred working from my devices themselves, fewer things seem to go wrong for me.

You could dd it into the recovery partition, but that's somewhat risky

on my old phone i was able to flash cwm from a zip using the stock recovery. maybe we could give it a try here.

woah...dont do that, until we get official support from them
edit: unless of course you want a shiny new brick

How does ROM manager go about installing the recovery from the app? No way to use that?

woah...dont do that, until we get official support from them
edit: unless of course you want a shiny new brick

Correct. ROM Manager, once it supports a device, can be used to flash roms and recovery.

When ROM Manager does NOT yet support a device, it WILL brick it.
It's not a fault with ROM Manager, it's the user's fault for telling it to effectively put water in the gas tank, gas in the brakes, and oil in the radiator

Well, did a flash through Odin. I can boot the phone normally, if I try and boot into recovery I get a yellow caution triangle under the Samsung logo and it loads into the stock android recovery.

it does that because when you boot into stock rom it wipes the recovery and puts the old one back so boot it up after you flash it right befor it gets to spinniing smasung logo pull battery out then try to boot into recovery works like a charm

Back
Top Bottom