• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Remoting in for video and music

Ramberg

Lurker
Jul 12, 2010
I'm looking for a remote application for my Droid X that allows me to remote into my desktop at home and access all my movies and music on my computer. I currently have PhonemyPC but there is no sound.

I have an external hard drive that has all my multimedia on it and I'd like to access it while I'm out of town.

Any suggestions?

I can suggest a way to access your music.

Use Audiogalaxy. It is free and extremely good. Understand that your computer must be ON in order to access any files while you are away.

Download Audiogalaxy Music for your Android phone on AppBrain

For Video....I'm not sure of a good method to access your videos efficiently. The problem is speed. Most wireless carriers are not fast enough to stream video to your phone from your computer. All depends on the quality though of the video though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones