• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help reset android phone without touchscreen

Hello everybody,

a while ago the touchscreen of my SE xperia mini pro with android 2.3 suddenly stopped working. Fortunately the keyboard and display are still working fine - so I have still limited control over the phone.
Now I need to bring it back to the shop to have it repaired/replaced. I'd like to at least reset it to factory settings (or better wipe it) though, because I don't like to give away all my personal data with the phone.(Am I too paranoid?^^) I can access the settings menu by keyboard but cannot confirm the reset without touchscreen.
Debugging is enabled (unfortunately no root).
So my question:
Is it somehow possible to do the reset through adb-shell or any other remote method? Maybe by any other app, that's controllable via the keyboard?

Would be very thankful for any help.

Cheers,
LeChuck

Have you tried booting into recovery mode? It's generally, power+Volume down. It will give you the option of a factory reset. In order to select it, use the volume keys to choose, and the power button to select.

Thanks for the reply, but it doesn't work with the volume buttons (tried both).
I think the hard reset on the xperia phones only works with the back button and that's a soft-key on the new minis. :(
Any other suggestion?
Maybe an (trustworthy) app that wipes/resets the OS?

Try to install Sony Update Service software (SUS), you can reflash the ROM when the phone is off and it can repair your phone.

Back
Top Bottom