• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Restoring Apps With Titanium Backup

Willyg44

So I did a batch backup with Titanium and when I went to restore on a new ROM I was trying (first time I'm trying this), when restoring all of the apps, it didn't do it automatically? Like I was reloading a bunch of apps, and it prompted me for EACH APP. Is there a way to just press restore on a batch I backed up, and it just puts everything on the phone that I selected? It took a long time sitting there and pressing ok after each app. Thanks.

Once you open TiBu press menu > batch, then scroll down to "restore all apps with data" and press the run button to the left.

Once you open TiBu press menu > batch, then scroll down to "restore all apps with data" and press the run button to the left.

Yeah I know I do that. It asks me when I run the restore after each app, "Do you want to install the application?" Then I have to press install, then I have to press Done when it finishes. I had to do this for 150+ things. Freaking annoying and time consuming for a restore.

I was wondering if there is a way to automate the restore. Like an automatic YES TO ALL thing.

If you are going from a 2.2 rom to a 2.2 rom, you can try doing an Advanced Nandroid Restore, where you only restore the Data following the loading of the new rom.

It worked for me going from RubiX 0.5 with the Gala X theme to ApeX with the NexTheme.

I have another Ti Backup question. I have root and ran a batch backup of apps and data. Where is this back up stored? On the SD card. Does a factory reset wipe the SD card? When you do a restore after a factory wipe or a crash, or when moving to a new phone because of a replacement is all of the backup from your SD card, or do you need to sync Ti backup with a PC to save the info?

Where is this back up stored? On the SD card.

True.

Does a factory reset wipe the SD card?

Nope.

When you do a restore after a factory wipe or a crash, or when moving to a new phone because of a replacement is all of the backup from your SD card, or do you need to sync Ti backup with a PC to save the info?

All you have to do is reinstall Ti Backup and it'll automatically see the data on the SD card, then you can tell it to restore.

No one knows the answer to my original question? Some of you must have used Ti Backup. When you restore a batch, do you have to press install and then done, and install on the next app, and then done, for EACH APP you install in the batch? Or is there a way to automate it? I went to Batch Restore, and did missing apps + data, pressed run on the left.

I, too, go to batch restore. I usually select all apps + data, though, since my restores are typically over the top of whatever I have on the phone. And nope, I don't have to confirm anything - it just restores while I sit there.

Back
Top Bottom