• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][BETA 3.1]Warped Kitty[AROMA][EXT4 Tweaks][UNISEX] Updated 08/05/13

i had to switch off this rom cause i updated to the latest update and was having sound issues while in the phone call. had to put it on speker then off to hear anything the person on the other end was saying. dont know if thats a know issue but i dont have the problem on stock or superr rom.

i had to switch off this rom cause i updated to the latest update and was having sound issues while in the phone call. had to put it on speker then off to hear anything the person on the other end was saying. dont know if thats a know issue but i dont have the problem on stock or superr rom.

I'm running stock and I have that same problem..

To be honest i never use the phone part i like to text more. But my girl uses it and hasnt noticed the sound issue while during a call. Are you using normal cellular service for the calls? or do you use a free call app and the wifi?

Idk a friend of the wife said a place close by fixes or replaces screen for $50 does it sound reasonable?

Depends, you might be able to find one as a replacement on amazon or ebay for that price. Check around and see if you can find a good deal on one, If not then id deff go with replacing the screen

Ok so now i got a few things to fix :D was getting bored for a bit there (jk) But seriously its good to hear feedback so i can improve things for everyone. I will start work on some possible fixes as well as continue the work of adding more useful things to this. One neat lil feature in the next release will be an ota updater for custom roms. Basically it will give you the ability to OTA update my rom from your phone just the way you would the stock ota. It will also auto check for a new update daily or when you manually check for it. :D (i love simplifying things)

Id like to say thank you again to everyone that has downloaded and tried this rom!
Keep posting me feedback so i can fix anything that might be broken!

**Edit** Anyone experiencing sound issues while making calls try this:

while in call turn the vol. all the way down then back up.
alternately you could just try turning the vol. up while in call

Let me know if either of these fixes the issue, might not , but worth a shot to try something simple

Ok so ive tested phone calls and pandora without any sound issues that people are mentioning. Try rebooting the phone to see if it clears it up. Maybe clear cache and dalvik then reboot.

Have any of the people experiencing sound problems added any other mods to your device including themes? Or are you running straight up Warped Kitty?

Well I've noticed the battery life not to be good after and before i added the kobalt theme to warpedkitty and i looked at the battery and noticed android system takes up 40 to 50% of battery which is not right so what i did was charged my phone to 100% left it connected applied a stock lwp instead of a normal image and rebooted afterwards my android system ran in the 20s% which made my battery last longer: D

Well I've noticed the battery life not to be good after and before i added the kobalt theme to warpedkitty and i looked at the battery and noticed android system takes up 40 to 50% of battery which is not right so what i did was charged my phone to 100% left it connected applied a stock lwp instead of a normal image and rebooted afterwards my android system ran in the 20s% which made my battery last longer: D

20% still seems high. just checked mine and it is at 5%

Tbh, my phone is more themed than what I put out in zip and I sit @ 24% Android/battery. The rest is Standby & WiFi..
I'm running Themed Stock, and my sound problems started after jb update & before Kobalt

Odd that applying a lwp would make batt life better. You would think a static background would be better on battery then a moving one. Ill have to look into that as it might be whats causing some people bad battery issues

20% still seems high. just checked mine and it is at 5%
How did you get it down to just 5% ??

How did you get it down to just 5% ??
Not sure but I don't use Warped Kitty...certainly NOT saying that is why my Android is at 5%, just saying it's not comparable. One thing is that I am running Greenify. Maybe it makes a huge difference?

It certainly worked for me another thing i noticed in android system the cpu total runs straight for 19 minutes or 2 but it normally runs at 18secs at most in my normal use so i have no idea what makes it run like that.

another thing that happens to me and i dont know if there's something wrong with my sdcard or if its the rom but i can only download pictures from chrome if i try to save pictures that i get through mms it says that thew image was saved but does not show the download sign on the status bar and the same thing through facebook messenger i have to go to the browser to be able to save the pictures. any idea what might be wrong??

Re-calibrate your battery.

Not sure but I don't use Warped Kitty...certainly NOT saying that is why my Android is at 5%, just saying it's not comparable. One thing is that I am running Greenify. Maybe it makes a huge difference?

I will test out greenify tonight to see if it improves things TY for the feedback man.

another thing that happens to me and i dont know if there's something wrong with my sdcard or if its the rom but i can only download pictures from chrome if i try to save pictures that i get through mms it says that thew image was saved but does not show the download sign on the status bar and the same thing through facebook messenger i have to go to the browser to be able to save the pictures. any idea what might be wrong??

Im pretty sure it doesnt show a download symbol in the notification area when saving an image from mms, atleast ive never noticed one. Have you tried looking in the sd card or gallery to see if the image was infact saved?

Re-calibrate your battery.

Was thinking the same thing. Ive read a ton of posts about the batt needing, after flashing a rom, to recalibrate itself. Not sure if thats the case here or not but its worth testing out.

Back
Top Bottom