• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][BETA][4.4.2] SlimKat for Virgin Mobile and Sprint 4/7/2014

phenomx4

Android Expert
Recognized Developer
This is a beta release of SlimKat for the Optimus Elite so please don't expect this to be 100% stable. You may get random reboots and lockups or you may not. Before flashing this rom I recommend you make a NAND backup just in case.

What works:

• Audio/speaker phone
  • Headset/headphones
  • Calls and texts
  • Data
  • Touchscreen
  • Lights/brightness
  • Offline charging
  • External SD
  • Wifi
  • Proximity sensor
  • Overclocking
  • Tethering using an app called "Wifi Tether for Root Users" from the play store with the settings used in F.A.Q below.
  • Mass storage
  • Camera
  • Bluetooth

What's partially working:

• NFC ( NFC tags and google wallet are non functional.)
What's not working:

• You tell me
Issues:

• you may have random reboots or lock ups or you may not.
  • Google Wallet doesn't work and opening it causes nfc to not work until you do a reboot. Will fix this soon.
  • There may be some graphic issues on apps such as Google Maps.

F.A.Q

Q. What settings do I use to get tethering to work?
A.
Device-Profile: Generic ICS/JB (wlan0)
Change Setup-Method: WEXT (ad-hoc)
MSS clamping checked
Routing fix checked

PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE IS NO PERFORMANCE OPTIONS! (yet)

Want to report a issue you are having with the rom? Then use getlogs.
[APP] GetLogs - Get dmesg, logcat, radio, etc with one click! - xda-developers

Will update this post later

Change Log
HTML:
5-6-2014
synced latest source

4-22-2014
Synced latest source
fixed camera issue

4-7-2014

Fix bluetooth
enabled ksm
more memory tweaks
added performance settings into settings

3-27-2014

synced with the latest source

3-25-2014

Initial release

Credits and thanks:
AOKP (link to website)
Cyanogenmod (link to website)
SlimRoms (link to website)
LG
Dorregaray (donation link)
G60madman
Downthemachine

Giantpune
Starkraving
Dark One
Dev-Host

and everyone else I missed.

PATCHES:

HTML:
None

Gapps:

http://goo.im/devs/BaNkS/GApps/4.4.2//5-7_GApps_Minimal_4.4.2_signed.zip

Google Maps 6.14.4: (This version is the latest version that we can use without graphical glitches seen in the new ones.)

Dev-Host - Maps_6.14.4.apk - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

Virgin Mobile:

http://d-h.st/LlJ

Sprint:

http://d-h.st/dmF

Screenshots:

Coming soon

While donating is not required to use this rom it's always appreciated
Donations:

Wondering what the amount of free ram is after install (base) and if bluetooth works with speakers (not just phone calls). 4.2.2 didn't.

Do I need to do something special to change move apps to added SD card and internal memory,which is small?

Do I need to do something special to change move apps to added SD card and internal memory,which is small?

Try Settings-apps-clickapp-move to Sd card. I remenber reading something that allowed you to set up a partition on your sd card so you coud move apps there.

Roms runs great. It was really laggy when i first installed it but i used it alittle,rebooted and it is really quick now. The white status bar icons are nice and a nice difference from the blue.

Uh.
So the next button on the Welcome screen is in the same place as the Emergency Call button.

EDIT:
Managed to hit the button, should be looked at though.

Also, G Launcher is up on the store, any plans on tossing it in the rom?

For me its just laggy and it freezes but it still good, btw ive noticed that on kitkat emojis n cool symbols are colored, is there a way to intergrade that into the 4.1+ roms? Or is it just for kitkat

Really good job on the rom. Everything works great except the wifi. It seems that I can not turn my wifi on or connect to anything. It does not even show any connections. Does anyone else experience this problem?

WiFi is working on my phone.

So far, so good with this rom. One thing...I don't see any selection for GPS, is it just always turned on in the location settings?

Try Settings-apps-clickapp-move to Sd card. I remenber reading something that allowed you to set up a partition on your sd card so you coud move apps there.

It doesn't let me pick to use external SD card. It sees it,but I don't know how to pick it. Other ROMs you would have the choice what to use under settings and storage, but I don't see where to switch to external SD.

Back
Top Bottom