• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root+Gingerbread ROM data speeds

UserName872

Android Enthusiast
As you may have seen through other posts today, mattbe213 and I have rooted our devices easily with the one-click method and have radio-off as well.

Here is a screenshot with some data speeds on the mobile network, not wifi.

Just thought I'd share, this is double what I received before rooting aand flashing the ROM.

If you have some extra time and can follow instructions you can have root and a blazing fast ROM in no time. No more bloatware.

On froyo, not gingerbread though.

ScreenShot-2.png

I rooted my phone last night using Bubby's root thing (over at XDA) and it took me a good two hours, scaring me the whole time. I was so scared I'd brick my phone. I'd hardly say it was easy...I was watching a video about Bubby's thing and I had to rewind like a billion times to check that I was doing the right thing....
Anyway, It's rooted now, but now I have no clue how to install a rom? I'd like to install Gingerbread or Honeycomb...So can you explain how to install a rom?

Also, how do I remove AT&T's crappy bloatware? Do I have to flash a rom to remove it or can I uninstall it a different way or something?

I rooted my phone last night using Bubby's root thing (over at XDA) and it took me a good two hours, scaring me the whole time. I was so scared I'd brick my phone. I'd hardly say it was easy...I was watching a video about Bubby's thing and I had to rewind like a billion times to check that I was doing the right thing....
Anyway, It's rooted now, but now I have no clue how to install a rom? I'd like to install Gingerbread or Honeycomb...So can you explain how to install a rom?

Also, how do I remove AT&T's crappy bloatware? Do I have to flash a rom to remove it or can I uninstall it a different way or something?

This is the same route id like to take, no you're scaring me, lol. I too would like to get rid of the "bloatware", I'm assuming flashing a new rom will take of this.

I did bubby's one click root recently as well. Titanium backup on market lets you remove almost anything on your phone,just be careful what you delete! Gingerbread and Sense 2.1 is really nice.

I'm rooted, and loving it. I've tried some different ROMs, but i can't really tell one from the next! I know that i definitely want Gingerbread. So what are my options?
So far, i've seen these Gingerbread ROMS:
- RCMixHD (5.8)
- Revolution (4.0)

I wish there was a list somewhere showing what ROMS were available, and what features they have!

I'm rooted, and loving it. I've tried some different ROMs, but i can't really tell one from the next! I know that i definitely want Gingerbread. So what are my options?
So far, i've seen these Gingerbread ROMS:
- RCMixHD (5.8)
- Revolution (4.0)

I wish there was a list somewhere showing what ROMS were available, and what features they have!

I like the froyo roms better. Gingerbread ones feel a little sluggish to me.

No automatic update. If you're not happy with your current ROM performance, check out the Developer thread, and see if others have reported a problem with it. They usually come out with a new ROM every 2-3 weeks.

If you think your ROM is perfect, however, then why bother?? :)

download rom manager that will help you with everything
including updating roms,downloading roms,installing roms, all the latest roms

i have s-off, and when i do get h+ i only get 700kbps and 600kbps could the h+ in my area not be full yet? and im running cm7.0.2

In some regions the APN settings in CM7 must be tweaked to get good HSPA speeds. There's a big thread in the Inspire dev section on XDA about this.

i want to root in hopes of seeing MUCH faster data speeds

I wish I had pics of when I had an iphone 4 I could get 4mbps in most areas. At work I could get 5mbps every so often.

I live in DFW and my work has a cell tower right on the building.

Anyone getting close to that with an inspire?

Not sure what rooting is and I may be inover my head. I live in rural area not having wifi or 4G service yet. I connect my Inspire to laptop using tether. Will this give me faster download/upload/surfing speeds on laptop?
Linda:rolleyes:

Tried to root - DID NOT WORK
un install dumb ass gingerbread = DID NOT WORK

my HTC Inspire = useless!

starting to miss my old iPhone 3g
:mad:

Back
Top Bottom