• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root No Pc Required

KxngTee

Lurker
I have found another way to root i do not know if im the first to discover it but i managed to root my LG Tribute Using KingRoot [App Version 4.0]

You have to have "USB Debugging" Enabled Along with "Allow Mock Locations" and this worked fine for me

Root disclaimer, I am not responsible for any bricks, loss of service, bugs, glitches or anything else you choose to do to your device. Proceed at your own risk, as always, make a backup.

Kingroot works fine. Installs Kinguser. All works fine. Of note: Trying to use Kingroot 4.1 results in root failure for unknown reasons. Use version 4.0 only.

I think the fail with 4.1 was due to data issue. Kingroot was struggling using my data when I first tried but background updating was hogging the bandwidth and caused a root failed message. It happened with 4.0 while rooting a friends tribute.

Thank you - after killing my Optimus F3 I was worried about rooting a new phone - however, I managed to do this one during a walk on a break from work. Still need to do the recovery thing but that's another thread.

Thanks, I'll try that - it's been a while since I rooted anything so I have to remember all the terminology. ;)

I'm sorry; wasn't there a link in the original post to the step by step instructions? Needed to root my daughter's phone since she's running out of room to even message anyone - I finally remembered I'd bookmarked it, but is there some reason it was removed?

I'm taking a long drive to see a friend tomorrow and going to root his Tribute while I'm there. He is not tech savvy. I've rooted and rommed a few of my own phones but most of you are more knowledgeable than me (several ex-Awe users I know, I'm still on it)

He uses it without phone service is one thing that I don't know if it will cause some kind of a weirdness? and also it appears he has zv5 but got zv6 pushed to his phone but won't install cause of lack of room, hmm? So I'm wondering if held off from installing zv6 after I root is he going to get nagged constantly or should I just try to free up space and install zv6 before rooting? I've perused the threads that have the most info and already have all the files, Kingroot 4.5.0 which I may try first but also the one click root/w computer, lg drivers, twrp as well as stock recov, the twrpfix for bootloop in case. I know I have rashr myself.

Could I get some feedback from you guys on which way I should proceed? I'll be over there part of the day and then he's kind of on his own, I gotta do it right. Thanks

Also, any way to keep the setup phone service nag from happening when/if he restarts it?

Last edited:
I'm taking a long drive to see a friend tomorrow and going to root his Tribute while I'm there. He is not tech savvy. I've rooted and rommed a few of my own phones but most of you are more knowledgeable than me (several ex-Awe users I know, I'm still on it)

He uses it without phone service is one thing that I don't know if it will cause some kind of a weirdness? and also it appears he has zv5 but got zv6 pushed to his phone but won't install cause of lack of room, hmm? So I'm wondering if held off from installing zv6 after I root is he going to get nagged constantly or should I just try to free up space and install zv6 before rooting? I've perused the threads that have the most info and already have all the files, Kingroot 4.5.0 which I may try first but also the one click root/w computer, lg drivers, twrp as well as stock recov, the twrpfix for bootloop in case. I know I have rashr myself.

Could I get some feedback from you guys on which way I should proceed? I'll be over there part of the day and then he's kind of on his own, I gotta do it right. Thanks

Also, any way to keep the setup phone service nag from happening when/if he restarts it?
Don't install v6 keep on v5 just need kingroot and the twrp img that's it and ROM of choice don't know if the update stuff will pop up after not sure and if u do update I believe there is a fix the update will cause a twrp bootloop theres a fix tho

I heard that replacing the actually update.zip with an empty update.zip of same name will stop notification nags. A thought.. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom