• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Running with Eris

foush

Does anyone use the Eris when the go running to listen to Pandora or Slacker? Any advice?

Also, any suggestions for a running holder/protector?

Thanks!

I listen to Pandora or my downloaded music from musician. I got a pouch the phone lays sideways with a flap over it. Holds the phone secure. I also have a Motorola s705 Bluetooth dongle on my collar. It plays the music but if someone calls I can take the call with a push of s button.

Thanks Jason. The motorola S705 looks interesting. I will have to look into that.

Does the pouch hook on your shorts or somehow strap to your arm?

Hooks onto the side of my shorts. the Bluetooth works great. Also has a fm radio built in that works great and awesome bass reflex. You can use the charger to charge phone and Bluetooth both.

Thinking about getting this as well. I currently have earphones/mic from ebay that only cost 5$ which I got right away and am pretty happy with but I am thinking about a bluetooth option for easy of connecting and without all the wires.

Would be nice to hear what others have.

motorola S705 - Google Product Search for lowest price around 25$ used.

I usually just use Pandora, or listen to music I have stored on my SD Card. I usually make playlists of faster-paced music that helps me keep in the mood to run lol. I'm also considering getting an armband to hold my Eris. Found some cheap on eBay for like $10. Now, does anyone know a good brand for corded stereo headphones w/ a mic to use on the Eris? I'm using the one that came w/ my old Blackberry but it's not that good...

I don't use it for running as I have an iPod Nano for that but I would imagine you could use an armband holder like for an iPod.

Thank you :-) Yup I've done some searches, was just curious what other Eris owners preferred. Some of those that came up on the search link you posted look good, and def a reasonable price.

I dont listen to music while running but i do take my phone on long runs. I got an arm band for an ipod at kmart or walmart for around 7 bucks. Fits well even with the extra space.

I know prices are amazing. I never buy accessories at retail stores again, lol

The google product search is so awesome too, and there are apps on your phone that you can use to scan products to even do the search automatically, hehe (but not that good atm imo)

PS - My main concern when purchasing a Bluetooth headset is if it connects easily. I want it to be hassle free, so the cheapest one for that would be good I guess. Something like this: Wireless Handsfree bluetooth V2.0 Earphone Headphone Black - Wholesale Factory Direct

*sighs*

This is what I tell people that want to run with their iPhones.

Do you really want your expensive phone at the risk of falling on the ground in some way, knocking into something, tripping, ect?

Go buy an iPod shuffle (not 3rd gen, the 2nd, which is better) for like 30$ and just roll with that. I know it's not pandora, but still, much safer :P..and more cost effective.

W4LLY, I don't go running w/ my phone that often or anything. I usually use my Eris while at the gym tho, which isn't really that unsafe when I'm lifting. I mean, I'm not PLANNING on dropping my weights on my Eris or anything(which, currently, aren't that heavy anyway lol). But yeah I see your point.

I run with my phone in my pocket, actually, though not to listen to music - I use the Nano with Nike+ for that (in the other pocket.) I used an armband for the Nano for a while but it bugged me too much - the earphone cords would get caught by shrubs as I went by, for example, so I run the cord under my shirt. In the warm months I wear soccer shorts with good, deep pockets. In the winter (or the rain) it sits in a baggy to keep it from getting wet.

I like to have my phone with me for emergencies mainly. Like last year, when my son, who was with my brother-in-law, fell and broke his collarbone while snowboarding while I was out and needed a parent authorization for medical care ...

By the way, I actually tripped over a frost heave crack a few weeks ago; the phone survived just fine (it just stayed in my pocket). Far better than my hand and knee.

I run with my Eris as well as use it at the gym. I found the belt holster from Seidio to be the best for me - then again, I carry my phone in the holster all day long...

Does anyone use the Eris when the go running to listen to Pandora or Slacker? Any advice?

Also, any suggestions for a running holder/protector?

Thanks!

Sportline Armband.

411SprhVgRL._AA260_.jpg

*sighs*

Do you really want your expensive phone at the risk of falling on the ground in some way, knocking into something, tripping, ect?

Go buy an iPod shuffle (not 3rd gen, the 2nd, which is better) for like 30$ and just roll with that. I know it's not pandora, but still, much safer :P..and more cost effective.

+1 on the shuffle for running

The ribbed case/holster combo sold at the verizon store clips and holds well to either my shorts waistline on my hip or my reflective vest at night. Never had to do so much as reposition. My shorts have a pretty sturdy waist band though -- same with my vest.

I also run in vibram fivefingers, so there's a lot less jarring than if you run in traditional running shoes.

But I use cardiotrainer -- I love that it cuts into my music and gives me incremental mileage and pace reports.

*sighs*

I like to stay connected 24/7/365. Just like another person said, you can use a cardio app to track your progress. Can't do that with a IPod shuffle.

It's like having a 2010 BMW sitting in the garage because you're afraid you might get into an accident. Personally, just be careful and nothing will happen. My kid once decided to give my brand new phone a bath. Stuff happens all the time. Whether you want it to or not.

*sighs*

:D:D Agree on this...

I don't personally run with mine (treadmill) but I've been looking into getting one of those armbands, or something more accessible. What I'd really like is last.fm controls built into the lockscreen.

*sighs*

this reminds me of those people who buy 80k$ SUVs and them keep them locked in a garage under a tarp.

I bought a smartphone because it has a dozen uses, and I'm tired of having six different devices. My eris takes the place of every single one of them, and also allows me the convenience of catching that important doctor's phonecall (really happened) while at the gym.

I pay enough for insurance and have had enough great experiences with vzw that this amount of risk (provided proper precautions are taken) is completely acceptable. provided something catastrophic DID happen, I'm completely covered. I can send/receive calls through google, and after I get my new phone I can be synced and running in under 10 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom