• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

s5 charging cover broke

silentwitness

Android Expert
hey guys i have been using this phone for about 3 weeks and the damn usb cover broke off today :mad: Cheap design was just wondering if it makes sense to replace the cover and risk it breaking again or would be it smarter to invest a bit and go with wireless charging in which case i would not need to open the cover. I did a bit of research on the wireless charging cases and the stock samsung one people complain you cant use most cases with it and the rest of them people are saying the phone is no longer water resistant. I am quite confused on what to do.

Mine broke, and I bought another one, and that one also broke.. So I bought ANOTHER ONE. This time I'm a little bit more careful when I take off the flap when Ima charge it. They're pretty cheap on ebay if you get them from China. I would give it a try if I was you, and be more "gentle" with it. If it does break again, then do what you want after that. So far I've had this 2nd replacement flap for 2 weeks, and its holding on good.. for now.

I was just about to post a note regarding my cover not staying closed. After reading your posts, I think I'll invest in a couple extra covers for the near future. Time to get out the duck tape!
You're right, no cover, no water resistant. Also I looked into going with the wireless charging to find out that the cover is too large for my belt holster.
Poor design on the usb cover and poor design on the wireless charging cover. I hope the company is listening. I love the phone other than those two things.

got the cover on ebay for 4.99 each and ordered 2 of them. I am still considering the wireless charging also but from what i have seen most of the kits cause you to loose water resistance which defeats the purpose for me. The official samsung one would not have the issue but its 3 mm thicker than the rest which would cause my current case not to fit anymore which also is a deal breaker so im really confused on what to do.

got the cover on ebay for 4.99 each and ordered 2 of them. I am still considering the wireless charging also but from what i have seen most of the kits cause you to loose water resistance which defeats the purpose for me. The official samsung one would not have the issue but its 3 mm thicker than the rest which would cause my current case not to fit anymore which also is a deal breaker so im really confused on what to do.

Hi, you could do the same as me, I bought a spare battery and a wall charger, now when it gets low I just swap the battery, it also means I can take a fully charged battery out with me if I need to. Phil

Back
Top Bottom