• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories S6 Edge Work With Samsung Multimedia Dock?

RajCaj

Hello All,

I used a Samsung Multimedia Dock (w/ USB & HDMI ports) with my S4, and found that my new S6 Edge will not fit on the Micro-USB plug on it.

Anyone else having issues using their S6 with older Samsung multimedia docks?

You can easily correct this by buying a new dock! Its a good way for Samsung to make money by making you buy new accessories!
TO tell you the truth though the S4 is 2 years old and it would require a bit of work and stifle new hardware designs if Samsung kept the same style. Even HTC's "One" is different between the m7 and new m9 (lets not talk about the difference between the m8 and m9 though).

Well, the issue with the S6 not fitting the multimedia doc isn't that the doc does not accommodate the S6 form factor...the issue is with the Micro-USB plug on the doc not fitting inside the S6 Micro-USB port.

That said, the Samsung Micro-USB cable that came with my S4 fits the S6 just fine. Micro-USB is supposed to be a standard plug.

Upon further investigation, I noticed the Micro-USB plug on the multi-media doc has small grooves on the back end that are not present on other Micro-USB plugs I've seen. This may be the culprit, and might be for the very reason you mentioned....just to get you to buy a new device each new phone iteration.

I have not seen any new Samsung multimedia docs offered yet

Back