• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Galaxy Avant Poor reception on listener's end - please help!

adk1

Lurker
Oct 21, 2012
Hi everyone. I'm running an unrooted Samsung Galaxy Avant on Straight Talk. When I make calls I can usually hear just fine but the people on the other end almost always tell me, "You're breaking up," or "This is a really bad connection." I'm almost always calling from my house. I make a lot of business to business sales calls which I hate doing anyway, so you can imagine that I hate it even more when I have to speak slowly and loudly to people who would probably rather I wasn't calling anyway. Very frustrating. Any help you can give is much appreciated and will help keep me from losing my mind. :) Many thanks in advance.

Hi everyone. I'm running an unrooted Samsung Galaxy Avant on Straight Talk. When I make calls I can usually hear just fine but the people on the other end almost always tell me, "You're breaking up," or "This is a really bad connection." I'm almost always calling from my house. I make a lot of business to business sales calls which I hate doing anyway, so you can imagine that I hate it even more when I have to speak slowly and loudly to people who would probably rather I wasn't calling anyway. Very frustrating. Any help you can give is much appreciated and will help keep me from losing my mind. :) Many thanks in advance.
It sounds more like something to do with straight talk or your connection, not the phone. I've done a few call quality tests and every time the other end can hear me just fine.

Upvote 0
Thanks, everyone. I did find that turning off Noise Reduction under sound>call has helped a bit, along with removing the case. I'm just frustrated because my old LG F6 doesn't have this problem. I end up swapping out the SIM card when I know I'll be making a bunch of business calls.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones