• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Galaxy Crashing Every Night

EACA

Lurker
Jul 7, 2011
Hi all,

Over the past week my Samsung S has been crashing every night whilst I'm asleep. The screen just freezes and the only way to get it started again is to press and hold the power button.

Upon starting, I have no network coverage and all my setting are brought back to the factory setting.

I then have to do a factory reboot to get it working during the day. Throughout the day, the phone works great but once I fall asleep, it happens again overnight.

Today, I even shut down the device with the battery and sim card still inserted and turned it on in the morning and the same thing happens.

Tonight, I am going to pull out the battery and see what happens!!

Any ideas or suggestions as I wouldn't have a clue what the heck is going on.

Anyone else have this same problem?

Thanks in advance. :)

Do you have an external SD card installed? If so, try removing it and see what happens. Otherwise it may be the internal SD memory has been corrupted.
Try going into recovery mode ( power off phone until it vibrates then hold Volume up + Home button + power key until the Galaxy S logo appears then release. ) and do a wipe data/factory reset from there.
If that doesn't work then you will have to goto a Samsung service center for repair.

Ray

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones