• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Galaxy S3 WiFi connections

ifli2

Lurker
Aug 12, 2012
Love my new phone. Only issue so far is logging onto WiFi. At home (dual band router and access point with WPA2) set up was easy but my phone cycles between WiFi and AT&T 4g for a long time (perhaps 10 to 20 minutes) after power on or walking into coverage area. Concerned I took it to my local AT&T shop where the tech had a nice new red S3. He logged me onto their network and with the 2 phones side by side they cycled between WiFi and 4g. Any clue as to how to stop the scanning once a network has been identified particularly one with security? Thanks.:thinking:

Love my new phone. Only issue so far is logging onto WiFi. At home (dual band router and access point with WPA2) set up was easy but my phone cycles between WiFi and AT&T 4g for a long time (perhaps 10 to 20 minutes) after power on or walking into coverage area. Concerned I took it to my local AT&T shop where the tech had a nice new red S3. He logged me onto their network and with the 2 phones side by side they cycled between WiFi and 4g. Any clue as to how to stop the scanning once a network has been identified particularly one with security? Thanks.:thinking:
Welcome to Android Forums ifli2:)
Any device I have had immediately stops scanning once a WiFi point has been secured. Not sure why it does not with your device.
Going to move this over to the S3 forum to see if we can find a solution for you :thumbup:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones