• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Seeking Alternative to my Rooted GB Leak Version

Rooted GB Leak

System Version: 4.5.595.MB810.Verizon.en.US

Android Version: 2.3.3

I believe I loaded the GB Leak 595 Deodexed (having brain fart at work and can't remember - hoping the info I provide tells the tale).

Bottom line: I'm having some lag issues, especially when texting (very frustrating). I used to use Fission, rooted with Froyo and that was smooth as silk. Looking for another option and have a few questions:

1) Can I even go back to my Fission Rom, since it was meant for Froyo? If so, how can I go about doing this?

2) I've read some limited info, but I like what I hear about AOSP Liberty for GB. The installation of this ROM seems pretty easy, but just looking for some details that you guys might feel I need.

Thanks for any feedback, even if you have alternative suggestions.

You can go back to Froyo but you'd have to SBF your phone in order to do so.

You can't use Fission on Gingerbread as it doesn't appear it'll ever be brought to Gingerbread.

You can try Liberty and it shouldn't be a difficult install but you'll want to be on the 4.5.596 release of Gingerbread. Reading your post it looks like you're just a step back from that.

I'd provide links to help you out more but I'm at work and most likely all of those sites are blocked here.

Also...you might want to bring your phone up to the latest software. That could take care of your lag issues. Hard to say.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: jn1520
Upvote 0
You can go back to Froyo but you'd have to SBF your phone in order to do so.

You can't use Fission on Gingerbread as it doesn't appear it'll ever be brought to Gingerbread.

You can try Liberty and it shouldn't be a difficult install but you'll want to be on the 4.5.596 release of Gingerbread. Reading your post it looks like you're just a step back from that.

I'd provide links to help you out more but I'm at work and most likely all of those sites are blocked here.

Also...you might want to bring your phone up to the latest software. That could take care of your lag issues. Hard to say.

Hope this helps.

Actually AngDroid tweeted that Fission 3.0 will be coming to GB......when it will come is the real question.

Check it out here, on their website:
http://www.teamdefuse.com/

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones