• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Selling Grandfathered plan???

lburgguy

I have the V and would like to sell it on Ebay with its grandfathered $25 plan. Problem is, I want to keep my current phone number for the new S2 that's on its way. Is there a way I can keep my number yet sell the old phone with a new number, grandfathered on ebay?

Just to clarify; as I now understand it, I have to sell my current phone with its current number in order to sell it as grandfathered. I'd have to get a new number for my S2.

I really want both, my old number and to sell my V and its grandfathered plan.

Thanks for any input.

Well to my understanding, I thought that the grandfathered status was only attached to your account and your name regardless of the phone your were using. What is your carrier?

Virgin is my carrier and since this is the Optimus V thread I figure we are all in the same boat.

Technically you are correct but what I'm speaking of is done all the time. Sell the grandfathered phone, give the buyer your login info and they go in there and set up a different payment source and change the phone's number for $10.

Once you port your number your account closes. Once you change the number the old number is lost to you.

You could try calling vmu and tell them you want to keep the account but transfer the number and see if there is anything they x can do.

Thanks. Last night I got my phone and just ported the number. I didn't see any way around it seeing as I wanted to keep my old number. Thanks anyway everyone.

Back
Top Bottom