• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sending text message to mulitple recipients sends as MMS

fried

If I send a text message to multiple recipients it sends as an MMS. I understand that this happens by design on some networks if you're sending a text to more than 10 people at once, but I was only sending the same text to 2 people.

I'm with T-Mobile and I have unlimited texts as part of my contract, but MMS messages cost 20p each, so obviously I don't want this to happen. Can this be changed so the messages send as regular texts?

I had to arrange a stag night recently and got burned by the same thing. After composing you're only pressing the top right icon when adding recipients and checking each box next to their name right? You're not opting to put a Subject or anything like that?

After composing you're only pressing the top right icon when adding recipients and checking each box next to their name right? You're not opting to put a Subject or anything like that?
I selected the recipients before composing the message in the manner that you described. I didn't see anywhere to put a subject and I just entered the message as normal and hit send.

Use handcent, and you'll get access to the option "auto convert to mms after 3 messages" and be able to disable this.

This option isnt available in the standard app.

I like handcent but it still seems like a fault though.

Try sending a group sms by going to People first, then Groups, then Send Group Message..

Back
Top Bottom