• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

So I might have a bad battery ..

macavely

So it takes 4 - 8 hours to charge my battery.. The other night it tool over 10 hours. And this is from 20 - 40 percent charge.

I called T-Mobile and they are sending me out a new battery...

I have tried using 4 different charges. but the same thing with all of them..

Has anyone else had this problems ..

and yes I have done a factory reset already...

Tmobile says to completely drain your battery to 0%, then to keep turning it on until it won't anymore..

after that, charge it while it's off, and keep charging it a few hours after a full charge, about 2 or 3 days in a row, atleast once a month, and that should calibrate your battery..

while it may not last longer, it'll definitely be more accurate, as I have found out when my battery isn't calibrated, it'll stay at 100% for hours, then drop as much as 10% in battery within an hour, and then steadily decline until 15%, when it drops to 0% and shuts off within a few minutes..

Tmobile says to completely drain your battery to 0%, then to keep turning it on until it won't anymore..

after that, charge it while it's off, and keep charging it a few hours after a full charge, about 2 or 3 days in a row, atleast once a month, and that should calibrate your battery..

while it may not last longer, it'll definitely be more accurate, as I have found out when my battery isn't calibrated, it'll stay at 100% for hours, then drop as much as 10% in battery within an hour, and then steadily decline until 15%, when it drops to 0% and shuts off within a few minutes..

Yea they never told me to do that.. Just sent me a new battery... So far it is working great.. I have had it for a few days.. and in 3 days I have only had to charge my phone 2 times. and I'm using the phone a lot more now..

I have also noticed a lot of things are working a lot faster then before.

Back
Top Bottom