• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root So I've reached the final step, and lucky me...

I'm getting a "no such file or directory" error.

The guide I'm following (How To: Root the Motorola CLIQ XT / Quench | TheUnlockr) tells me some codes to put into ConnectBot and then close ConnectBot.

Those lines of code seem to execute successfully, assuming they're successful because I ran into no errors, and I got the "Forked xxxx childs" response.

Then the guide tells me to close ConnectBot. That's where I run into trouble. It always stops responding when I try to close it. I'll click menu, then disconnect, and I always have to end up force closing it. Even then, it doesn't close out. I have to terminate it from within the Android's applications manager. That's the only way for me to close it.

Then my guide tells me to re-open ConnectBot, hopefully to see a # instead of a $. I do see a #, but then the last line of code I try to put in comes up with this error: "/sdcard/Superuser.apl: No such file or directory"

And I have to close out of ConnectBot... and I don't have a Superuser Permissions app in my app list.

And I'm pretty upset that I've made it to the final step without running into much of anything.

Anyone have any idea what I should do at this point? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

I have now made it to this step with the same result HELP

__I got it!
I closed the screen on my computer and re-opened it then re did the connect bot steps for .../install-root.sh

Back
Top Bottom