• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Soft keys always lit

tepr

Lurker
I have a slightly odd problem with my Desire S: the soft keys are lit up at all times. This includes when the screen is off, and even when the phone is turned off: the only time they will go dark is when the battery is disconnected. This doesn't seem to affect the screen - covering and uncovering the light sensor changes the brightness of the screen, but the buttons remain at full brightness at all times.

I've already googled the problem, and can't find anything that looks helpful. I've tried restarting the phone several times (with and without fast boot), as well as removing the battery. I've also looked through the Settings menu and tried anything that looks even remotely related, and nothing appears to make any difference. I've also spoken to tech support in a store; they said they'd never seen anything like it before and recommended a hard reset or flashing a new ROM.

I'm kinda hesitant to do that (although to be honest it might be worth doing it anyway). Can anyone think of anything else I ought to try, or point me towards any information on what I need to do in terms of resetting the phone please? Many thanks.

Back
Top Bottom